Sunday, March 6, 2011

Source: The Secret Life of Water

So, I'm reading this book called "The Secret Life of Water" by Masaru Emoto. It's not really my cup of tea but, in the spirit of research, there are some interesting ideas about water. I understand that putting some of those ideas down here may take them out of context but I will also contend that the research done for this project is designed to help me understand my own ideas about water.

The book makes note that one can assert, in nature, that there "exists a flow of revival and a flow of destruction." I like the idea of these opposites as I have long been enamored with the idea that water can, at times, be so very peaceful and quiet and, at other times, so turbulent and destructive. Humans seem to be constantly drawn to water despite our understanding that it can be dangerous.

The author also talks about three key words that are vital to understanding hado or "the invisible world of vibration" that exists throughout the universe. Again, I like these words and feel that they can be important to my own understanding of water. The first word is frequency, which "can be modeled as waves." The second word is resonance, which is a relationship of reciprocation. This relationship can be between sender and receiver when there is a "match in vibrations," or can be expressed as a "state where subtle synchronization occurs when we do things together." The third word is similarity, which can speak to the relationship between the macro world and the micro world. "So by observing the micro world, we can increase our understanding of the macro world; likewise, by observing macro phenomenon, we can learn more about the micro world."

I'm not done reading but will continue to post if I see more interesting ideas. Coincidentally, Susan sent me a link to a YouTube video about just this subject. These videos show Masaru Emoto's photographs of water crystals and illustrate some of his ideas, probably better than I can explain.




Another thing I am reminded of by this author is the cycle of water...how it falls as rain, seeps into the ground or runs off, how is helped to create mountains and valleys, then evaporates into the atmosphere. I am also interested in the idea of what happens when water is exposed to prayer, words, music and how the thoughts and personality can affect water. He also notes that "water reflects the human soul." (I wonder if my personality, my attitudes....my soul is reflected in the water when I am photographing it. An interesting concept!)

He also introduces a phrase "copied into the water," which was from a folk tale from New South Wales where a shaman, who lived atop a mountain was "filled with resentment, and copied her thoughts into the water" of a river that flow down to the valley. As the story goes, the people who lived along the banks were soon plagued by sickness, thievery, bickering and fighting.





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment