Thursday, February 24, 2011

Prairie Center-Day One


Arrived at the Prairie Center after a long drive from Michigan. I am really excited to get started and my head is swimming with ideas of the kinds of visual research I will be able to get involved with during this residency. I first unloaded my personal stuff at the house in Germantown Hills on Tuesday evening and settled in to my room. On Wednesday, I went to the factory and met with Erin (Program Director) and Joe (co-founder) to discuss studio arrangements and unload the rest of the stuff from my truck. They've assigned me to a great spot, although it will take a little bit of work to get the area set up as a studio. I included some before pictures here as a point of reference. This will be a good place to set up a "water lab." I am a little disappointed to realize that it will take some time to get the studio set up as I am really anxious to get going but also realize that this will be part of the process. I have to keep reminding myself that I have over nine weeks of work time ahead of me and that I will need to patient in working the process. Still, I can't wait to get to that point when the various possibilities have been exhausted and I seem stalled in the process....that's usually when things get interesting and real breakthroughs happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment